Vga overclock stability testing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

theor

In Runtime
overclocked my vid card, no artifacts showing.. how long should I run 3dmark05(how many loops) to conclude it's stable? Also, do I have to be there watching over it basically or can I leave it on overnight.. it should shutdown if anything should happen right?

if you can leave it on all night, then do so

chances are that it won't overheat (i'm not guaranteeing nething..)

if it does overheat will the computer reset itself atleast? And how many loops should I make it do?

1 time through should be enough really. 3d marks is extremelly stressful on graphics card, much more so than all of todays games. If ur gonna get artifacts how u gonna see them if u leave it on overnite? You only really want to do that if ur testing your cpu overclockin with prime95 or sumthing like that. and that will error and stop if its clocked to high and thatll let u know.

i'd say about 10 loops and then record the temperature right after the 10 loops finish (have the temperature window open and ready)

btw, close all other apps b4 doing the test

i'd say about 10 loops and then record the temperature right after the 10 loops finish (have the temperature window open and ready)
The instant you stop the testing, the temp drops on the GPU about 10C.

You need to have the rivetuner hardware monitor open since it keeps a line graph of what your temperature was during the whole thing and when you put your mouse over a certain area it'll tell you what temp at what time your card was

Nubius said:
The instant you stop the testing, the temp drops on the GPU about 10C.

You need to have the rivetuner hardware monitor open since it keeps a line graph of what your temperature was during the whole thing and when you put your mouse over a certain area it'll tell you what temp at what time your card was

Dual screens help for this

Don't leave it on overnight, sometimes cards artifact till they die.

Half an hour of 3dmark05 is good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom