Extreme Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickBrown7804

In Runtime
WOW!

My cpu under extreme stress is running at aboit 85 C. Damn thats not good. But, I have some AS5 coming tomorrow. Im just hoping that that alone will bring it down enough so that I can run it fine. It will right? Otherwise im definatly going to have to buy a new CPU heatsink.

Yeah, test it with the AS5 then like you said get a new heatsink. That AS5 should help.

That's it? That's kind of slow. Mine runs at 6027 RPM. Pour some nitrogen on it, that will teach that little bastard to calm down.

Get some canned air and blow onto the heatsink every now and then to cool it a little more, but make sure you have a lot of case fans blowing OUT and only a few blowing into the case.... And you may need a new HSF since your prescot.

That's it? That's kind of slow. Mine runs at 6027 RPM.
Then you obviously have a high performance fan. Normal stock fans run at 3000RPM

Only fan I know of that runs at 6000RPM is my tornado, but my chipset fan runs at 8500

If it's a stock heatsink get rid of it and get a good after market one and use the AS5.

Only fan I know of that runs at 6000RPM is my tornado, but my chipset fan runs at 8500

My ThermalTake Spark 7 sound's like one of those Tornado fan's,It will run up to 6800 RPM's but i keep it at half that unless i'm playing game's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom