NVSilencer 5 6800 ultra help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol with me it had to be tightened more from the back, I installed that curved metal piece incorrectly, it's suppost to point in for more pressure in the center. My temps at first were at 50 cels, but now they're up to 60 for some reason.. guess I have to wait for the paste to get up to optimal levels also. Not sure if my temps improved much yet, but I wanted to make the fans work at max level at all times, not sure how to do that.. you know by any chance?

Have you got the latest nvidia drivers? 71.89 is the newest one. They fixed a temperature problem on the 6800 series.

I've got the ATI Silencer 4 on a X800XT PE. Instead of using the thermal paster that came with this cooler i used AS5. Used a thin layer on the GPU and a thin layer on all 8 or the RAMS. Then made sure that the cooler was attached nice an tight... The GPU is running at 38C idle and between 48-52C LOAD. I played Doom 3 Resurrection for about 3 hours and the highest it got was 52C. Monitored with Rivatuner.

I have two cards in sli, the first is at 61C and the second 57c, I don't think they're as cool as they were with stock cooling =/ and this is just idle.. they go up to 70ish under load.. two 6800 ultras. I put a thin layer aswell so i don't know what is wrong now.

lol with me it had to be tightened more from the back, I installed that curved metal piece incorrectly, it's suppost to point in for more pressure in the center.
What piece are you talking about. The stock back plate? Or did yours come with a back plate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom