NVSilencer 5 6800 ultra help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theor

In Runtime
I just installed this heatsink.. and now when I start my comp..my card is at 93 degrees celsius.. scared the living bajeezus out of me.. and ontop of this.. the fans are spinning. What could be wrong? Do I need to increase fan speed? If so how?

Make sure the thing is making good contact with the GPU. More times than not I've heard of people coming back, realizing it wasn't sitting good on the GPU and making a nice firm contact and then after that having really good temps

I applied a think layer of thermal paste.. but I just read something about having to apply more thermalpaste wth this heatsink.. this true?

should I remove it.. reinstall paste then make sure it fits well then.. because it's not loose or anything..

thick layer? you don't want a thick layer, because then it won't cool the gpu

remove some of that thermal paste and see what temps you get

PM Idiotec, he has the nv silencer and I believe he had some troubles with it at first too, maybe he can give you some hints or tips

if I lift the silencer off the card, do I have to reapply the paste? or can I just re-set it better on the gpu and try agian

Check your PM's, I responded. I know it is not ideal, but I did have to go fairly think on the AS5 in order to get sufficient contact. Also, see previous thread here .

Again, this was kind of a cheap fix and I know it is not ideal, but my temps are good now and I am not about to mess with it now. Hopefully it works for you as well. I am sure your not in the mood to break out a file and start attacking the thing :eek:

thanks guys, got it to work.. although one of the stupid fans is hitting itself on its cover so I have to file it or something..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom