USB Pen Drive Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
I just hooked up my PNY usb drive to my pc. When in my computer it tells me that the disk is not formatted, it asks me if i want to format it, so I click yes. It goes through the format, and then it tells me windows is unable to complete the format.

Is the drive broken? How can I format it and access it? Or do I start looking for another one?

I had the same issue; I tried formatting it on multiple computers only to get the same message each time. Most likely if you can't format it on other computers then the drive is in fact bad. Also make sure that you close all files and folders that are contained on your USB drive before you unplug it or you'll corrupt it. You could also use the safely remove hardware function in Windows.

-GrayWolf

If it doesnt work get a cruzer mini, or at least take a look at it.

Amazing key and it's pretty fast for me.

if you cant re-partition it, see if you can get some sort of zero-fill tools.

Also, if that fails, get a magnet! :eek:

whats the point in having a usb pen drive??? thats one of the stupiest inventions ive heard of along with the pen mp3 player and pen radio. I cant imagine a situation where i would need a pen usb drive

i would, its better than a floppy disk. I used to use it to transfer files from school to home, now i just send attachements to myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom