SATA PCI Card issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumblebee Tuna

In Runtime
i'm having problems installing my Maxtor Sata/150 pci card. I can't seem to get my main hdd to boot when I connect a sata drive to the card. It sees both in the boot up, I get the windows logo, and then it goes black, and nothing. I've installed drivers through booting to the windows CD. When the PC tries to detect the sata hdd it says that the bios is not installed, (this only happens when i have nothing connected to the sata card). Also, in my device manager, I get a question mark beside the, 'Promis SATA Console SCSI Processor Device' I have tried everything I can think of the install this driver, but it doesn't seem to want to work. Anyone have any suggestions, or have used this product who know what they're doing?

First of all, list your specs. Maybe you have a weak PSU, can't handle that power. Also, it could be that you put a 64 bit connector PCI on a 32 bit PCI Slot.

I'll check to see if it's a 64 bit, but I don't think that is it. Anyways, Specs

+2800 AMD Processor
256MB RAM
40GIG HDD 7200 RPM
Integrated Video Card

And hey, this is my shop computer, so I'm not concerned with bells and wistles, lol ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom