CPU Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan

In Runtime
How noisy should a CPU fan be ??? Mine is noisy, not like it's damageg, but just sounds cheap - can u get noiseless fans or are they all supposed to have some noise. I was also wandering if it was the heatsink design that caused the noise as the air is blown over it, and so a new fan may not be the answer. New PC !!! - expected it to be silent

fans moving air = noise, theres no way around that unless you got a really low powered fan with very little RPM and CFM, cfm refers to how fast the air is moved

if ur just using the stock heatsink and fan then they are all loud and dont give the best cooling. also the bigger tha fan the more cfm is pushed for less noise.

Is it a high end gaming pc?

if you want it quiet, i would recommend getting a thermalright or a zalman heatsink.....if you feel like buying a new one

You should hear my computer, sounds like a mini vacuum. For another opinion, its completely normal. Thats how you know your fan is working.

Mines worse since my fans are able to get all there power now because they sound like a tornado... Im forced to shut down my computer at night now.

charles_scott said:
Mines worse since my fans are able to get all there power now because they sound like a tornado... Im forced to shut down my computer at night now.

Or just put it to sleep:p

ok - i now have 4 8cm case fans - they work great - are cheap and don't make any noticeable noise - maybe it's just the cpu fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom