What are these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
What are the two turquoise colored ports on the bottom left hand corner of the motherboard in this picture? Also, why are the IDE ports spaced out on different sides of the motherboard?

The turquiose coloured ports are the ide ports. I have no idea what those other things are, I thought they were for a floppy drive, but 2??

Yeah I'm really confused too. Upon looking closer, the black port on the bottom right looks like a floppy port, but the one on the left in the middle looks like an IDE port. I doubt it, but could Abit have put 3 IDE ports on the mobo?

theres even a jumper hook up on the board, like u would find on the back of a drive(top left).. thats one odd MOBO.

i think they ARE IDE hook ups..just side ways? wierd

Cheers-

As per the specs on the newegg site there are 3 PATA (aka IDE) connectors, as well as 2 SATA 150 connectors. Though the way they are layed on on the specs sheet it doens't sound like it would be bootable.

fotowca said:
As per the specs on the newegg site there are 3 PATA (aka IDE) connectors, as well as 2 SATA 150 connectors. Though the way they are layed on on the specs sheet it doens't sound like it would be bootable.

Ah yes, I see now. I think the two turquoise ports and the black port on the far left in the middle are PATA ports, and the black port on the bottom right is the FDD. That makes sense...I think :)

well its obvious to tell that the one on the bottom right is floppy seems how it is smaller than the other 3 but 3 ide ports? never heard of it but why not eh?

Man. I was thinking the other day 3 IDE ports would be kinda usefull. Its too bad SATA is coming out because im sure it would be useful. Well there it is! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom