Adding new HSF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
alright guys, welcome to another issue of me modding my pc.. anywho.. i'm going to install a volcano 12 and i was reading that i should be putting a paper thin layer of goo on heatsink.. well i got the artic 5 deal and was wondering the best way to ensure i do it correctly, just using my eyes? place like just a little bit on the bottom center of the heatsink? should i spread it out with anything? hrm.. i also got that thermaltake dimm cooler w/fan, i know it won't help much but why not have it?.. right? a few months from now when the 5900's go down.. i'll be looking into one of those to really put my system on edge, but for now the 5600 sucks.. i mean will do, thanks for any help guys!

yeah people say a thin coating of paste is good, but i go on the safe side and put a bit more than i need. i usually just tear off a piece of paper and fold it to make it stiffer and use that to spread the paste.

you do not need to put some on the heatsink because the paste will transfer from the die and it is too hard to eyeball where the die touches the heatsink. i hope you have the white ceramique kind, i heard the other kind is very messy and volatile.

It is best to use a silver paste, transfers heat better. Try arctic silver, noticealbe difference. As to putting it on, I put it directly onto the cpu itself, spread it out, then put on the hsf. The preasure of the hsf when pushed down will spread it out the rest of the way for you. good luck.

well i got it to 2.2 now reading at like 40oC i think and uped the voltage from 1.650 to 1.675 to give it just a bit of juice... ram timings are 2.5-3-3-11, and how do i get the cpu faster?... i tried setting the multiplier past 11.0 and when i put it at 11.5 the chip reads as a 2400xp i think.. then it just goes opposite from there.. doesn't make much sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom