Laptops are more dangerous then you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
Shoobie - get drunk and place your old laptop on your stomach, report back to us :D
Heh, bite me Nub-o :D :p

BTW, HAVOC, just because the CPU gets hot enough to burn, doesn't mean that heat makes it through the case. There's that whole heatsink thing, the laptop's metal frame, and the relatively thick plastic of the case. My old WinBook got dangerously hot, but the heat was coming from the dumb metal plate over the battery circuit. There was plenty of heat from the CPU, but that mostly got ported out through the fans. I could run the laptop till the battery went dry (which back then was about 7 hours) without the cord in and it wouldn't get very hot at all. Plug it in, and it heated up fast. Battery dissipation.

Speaking of experimenting...

We should test this. Let's get some girls (we'll need about 100 or so for an accurate test), we'll get them drunk and then hold them down over a hot laptop for a few hours.

I'll get the babes, and volunteer to hold them down. Someone get the booze, a clipboard, and some first-aid kits...:)

Okay well this certianally isnt a myth

My laptop air exaust runs at over 50 degrees celcius in a test, and the plastic measures 47 degrees (before i recalibrated, probolly hotter now)

This is with full airlow to the laptop.

Now it doesnt have a temperature sensor (AMD 2000+) but I could easily see the thing overheating alot and causing burns, it gets too hot to hold in a virus scan.

Did the guy have pants on? God, that's gotta hurt, BAD! Was he able to jack off after? lol. That's gota suck!

Nubius said:

They do recommend men not put it on their laps because it will kill sperm :)

I will take THAT adivse to heart...

I have always wanted to make breakfast on my laptop! The alu. that covers the RAM is all bent, and full of bumps, thats how hot it gets... I can see the RAM now, I am going to take a hammer to the metal soon (I wish I could afford to take a hammer to the entire POS)...

Thats hot!!

ShoobieRat said:

We should test this. Let's get some girls (we'll need about 100 or so for an accurate test), we'll get them drunk and then hold them down over a hot laptop for a few hours.

I'll get the babes, and volunteer to hold them down. Someone get the booze, a clipboard, and some first-aid kits...:)

I love research, don't you? LOL... We should organize this. I think that the tests should be re done a few times, for acuracy... First dibs BTW...

Later

ShoobieRat said:

I GOT THE BOOZE!!

lets just organize the 100 women and booze and forget about the rest of the testing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom