Print Spooler keeps failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

twscross

Solid State Member
We have a problem with a couple of HP laptops. The print spooler service keeps stopping.

We have printers connected to a Windows 2003 server but we can't add them / print to them etc because the spooler service (on the laptops) doesn't stay active for long enough.

We receive the following messages in the system event log:

Source: Service Control Manager
Category: None
Event ID: 7031
Description:
The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

and later:

Source: Service Control Manager
Category: None
Event ID: 7034
Description:
The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3 time(s).

I have searched and searched for the above event IDs and messages but so far haven't come up with anything that helps.

If you manually restart the print spooler service you can just about print off a 2 page document, but only if you're quick with the mouse :) ,before the spooler stops.

This seems to be specific to HP laptops as our other latops are fine. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Tim

Is the print services set to automatic at startup or is it manuel?When you restart the service you get the same error?

The spooler service is set to automatic. When windows starts up the spooler service starts but then fails (event id 7031).

If you manually restart the service it quickly fails (event id 7034).

Thanks, but that link appliess to the server's print spooler. The problem we're having is with the spooler on the individual laptops.

Ok,I have liked searched Microsofts site and found nothing for XP pro and that error.I would contact Microsoft about it or HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom