Corrupted DX9C

Status
Not open for further replies.
i should have said RE installing SP2. I already have it and think its rather good. If i reinstall it will it mean i have to reinstall all my security updates, drivers, etc. ?

Ok, could this be causing lower than usual performance in games?

This is found uner the network tab in Dxdiag:

The registry information for the service provider 'DirectPlay8 TCP/IP Service Provider' is missing or damaged.
The registry information for the service provider 'DirectPlay8 IPX Service Provider' is missing or damaged.
The registry information for the service provider 'DirectPlay8 Modem Service Provider' is missing or damaged.
The registry information for the service provider 'DirectPlay8 Serial Service Provider' is missing or damaged.
You should reinstall DirectX to get the latest version.
Problems were found in the system registry. Details are available in the saved text file.

Have you tried downgrading DirectX, the upgrading again? I don't even know if it's possiblt, just throwing something out. About those keys - It doesn't seem like thay would result in diminished performace on non-multiplayer games (and are even less likely to impact single player only games). Do all other DX files check out OK? Those bad keys may be signs of more widespread damage to your DX system.

You can't downgrade DX...at least, not easily. It's one of those heavily integrated things.

As for its effects, yeah, I agree, not much of that would have an impact on your gaming...EXCEPT the TCP/IP...THAT you might not want being effected poorly... :confused:

Well, I play EQ2 (online only game) but surely something like that would just affect my ping, not my FPS?

My ping seems to be nice tho on EU servers for ANY game....

None of those errors you listed would effect your FPS, so if yer experiencing FPS problems, I'd look elsewhere.

Those errors are almost all related to modem/network functions.

Ahh ok cheers, i'm now just thinking the particular games i am having problems with are now unrelated to the DX9 corruption. Meh, thxs for all your help folks :D

Saved me from reformatting :D

Yeah, don't worry about choppiness in online games. As long as it doesn't happen on purely local games, you should be fine. Also, a good way to test your performance is to run a benchmark right after you reformat (after all the drivers are installed), and remeber/record the score, and run the bench a couple of times whenever you think there is a serious problem with 3D performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom