Who thinks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasrix

In Runtime
who thinks that i should purchase a Raptor HD? ive been thinkin about gettin one and today is -- thats right -- PAY DAY! Anyone that has one: have any problems, issues, or recommend if i should get one?

Cheers-

They're kinda expensive and a 7,200 RPM works fine. If you really want one and have the money, go for it. But for people who want price:performance, a 7,200 SATA is fine.

get another 200gig WD sata drive and put in raid0 and thatll give you better performance and s**t loads more space.

aj2003 said:
get another 200gig WD sata drive and put in raid0 and thatll give you better performance and s**t loads more space.
Yea and you save a ton of money.

Option 1: 74GB WD Raptor
Price ~ $180
Extra Space=74GB
Speed=40% faster

Option 2: 200GB SATA
Peice ~ $115
Extra Space=200GB
Speed=100% faster (If RAIDed with other 200GB.)

Conclusion: 200GB

Remeber the reliability of RAID 0, it's terrible. Half the reliability, and in real world peformance raptors are usually faster, arn't they?

Well, i personally hate Raid set ups and the Raptor is only $143

im a person who, if i want something im gonna buy it (if i feel i have enough info and input on the item) it seems its a day or 2 to order and i dont like that because i want it now! :p. And i just found out that DVD burners are on sale at a store around me.. so i think i may just buy a burner, next week get my heatsinks and then get the raptor. Raptor is now on my low priority list i guess. Unless someone wants to pursuade me in another direction?

Thanx all
Cheers-

Oh yea! and a good idea popped into my head thanx to aj. Im gonna buy another 200Gb hard drive now... but that would be a problem since, if i get the raptor that should be 3 sata drives... my board only supports 2 so what would i do? is it even possible to set up more then 2 sata drives?

..i dont know

Cheers-

my raid0 system has never failed touch wood and gives much better performance than a single raptor. You could get a controller card. but ive had no dealing with them so i cant help there. I would dump the raptor and put 200gig 7200 drives in raid0 for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom