F-ing MB! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smileygladhands

In Runtime
Ok, I bought a new MB replacing my Abit after I accidentally damaged it with a screwdriver.

All of the new stuff is on the new MB (Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939) and now Windows is not starting.

I can boot into bios and it recognizes all of my hardware. It recognizes my graphics card and cpu at startup but it also says something which concerns me:
"cpu clock frequency is reading at 200mhz"

Then it goes through normal boot up and when there is a black screen where Win XP usually comes up but it doesn't, it flashes a blue screen with some writing on it - which I can't read because it only flashes it for a split second. And then it promptly reboots.

Here are my specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Socket 939 CPU
-the MB above- (Old MB: Abit AV8 Via K8T800 Socket 939)
Hitachi IDE 133 60 GB HD
Windows XP Pro
Ultra 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz CL3
BFG Asylum Nvidia Geforce FX 5600 256MB
Sony 16X DVD ROM(master)
LiteOn 52X.... CDRW Drive (Slave)
AOpen 5.1 Channel PCI Sound Card Cobra AW850D
425W PSU
Fans, heatsinks, cables, floppy drive, etc..

Please Help me!

lol
accidently damaged with screwdrier

the 200MHz clock is the FSB. That is the vurrent standard for FSB. Nothing to be worried about.

I would call technical support. Thats what I had to do for mine and it worked great.

One suggestion: reformat and reinstall XP because of new mobo.

Switching the mobo is like if i took out your brain and put in a different one. You're gonna have problems. Reformat and reinstall XP.

Yeah, Sport's right.

Try tech support first, just in case you got a bad mobo.

You will probably have to reinstall Windows. The Windows on your hard drive doesn't recognize your system as the one it belongs to.

There is a file in Windows that, if you change or delete it, you can use your current installation. Problem is, I don't know which file. Or it may be part of the registry...that sounds closer to it.

Okay, I was hoping you guys wouldn't say that, reformatting was going to be my last resort.

Can I reformat directly from bios? Otherwise, I have another computer I can hook it up to to reformat.

Thanks guys..

smileygladhands said:
Also, is there a way to back up files from the HD if my other puter is Win XP Home (that one is Pro)?

I dont think so...

You could maybe take the hard drive outta your broken comp and put it in your working one.

Elbatrop1 said:
You could maybe take the hard drive outta your broken comp and put it in your working one.
Yeah thats what I did to save all the stuff I needed when I switched mobos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom