Memory problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznboi88

Baseband Member
Ive recently got my ram its the on listed below, the problem is sometimes the computer restarts for no reason.

Does anyone know the reson for this really strange...

I was going to download memtest86+ but theres alot of file which one is it like version what and that...

corsair is usually reliable ram tbh. i see uve got a prescott could it not be that uve knocked the heatsink on it and its not doin as good a job and its overheating? there is a version of memtest that u can put on cd and one for a floppy. google and u will find, just go for the latest one.

I agree with aj2003's suggestion. Also, what size of power supply do you use? If you upgraded from 512 to 1G, your comp is now using more power...

I have the XMS Xtra low latency 2x512mb. Did not work for my system. Thats because it was SIMM, NOT DIMM. I know for a fact your RAM is the wrong format. Check your mobo manual, and the RAM. See which is which.

Im using a 400w ps but im sure its not that because when i use my old generic 512 stick it works perfectly fine and ive had to slap my stock cooler for cpu back on recently because the fan for my thermaltake pipe101 heatsink was broken.

Codeine said:
I have the XMS Xtra low latency 2x512mb. Did not work for my system. Thats because it was SIMM, NOT DIMM. I know for a fact your RAM is the wrong format. Check your mobo manual, and the RAM. See which is which.

They still make SIMM's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom