Unbiased opinions on a system

Status
Not open for further replies.
6600 GT <------- there is a E-PCI and AGP version...is this important enough to base my system around an EPCI ?
It's PCI-E not EPCI

Your mobo has to have a PCI-E slot which your current one doesn't.

Basically all you really need to do for that setup dude is get that 6600GT....if you get it from eVGA within 90 days if you have more money you can upgrade to the 6800GT by paying the difference between what you paid for the 6600GT and the cost of a 6800GT ($399.99) so basically if you pay $199.99 for a 6600GT, within 90 days if you have $200 more you can upgrade to the 6800GT, it's a pretty good deal.

Don't bother upgrading your RAM, valueRAM will be fine for your uses and I can guarantee you you won't notice a substantial increase in speed going from valueRAM to high performance RAM. High performance is only worth the price if you overclock em

Thanks, Nubius.

What about swithcing the AMD XP 3000+ for a Sempron 3.1GHz?

Are the Sempron just as reliable....?

its reliable but unless ur really strapped for cash they are a no go area. see if u can find a 2800 754 amd 64 maybe.

rushy said:
Thanks, Nubius.

What about swithcing the AMD XP 3000+ for a Sempron 3.1GHz?

Are the Sempron just as reliable....?

Don't go the sempron 3100+ route, poor gaming peformance. Keep with your 754 3000+ (an Athlon 64, not Athlon XP)

You want an athlon 64 processor, cheap and good peforming. No celeron, no sempron, no Athlon XP.

aspire.comptech said:
no it wont. My graphics card is a 5600 ultra and it wont play all games at full settings. Also the psu that comes with the case may die on you and take the system with it.

im running that same psu and it is great. its stylish too. i also overclock and i havent had any problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom