Enter the 65nm process

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaara

Fully Optimized
Intel Corp. has a number of 65nm processors for desktops and mobiles planned to be introduced in 2006. For the desktop the firm is expected to release code-named Presler, Cedar Mill and Conroe microprocessors. For the mobile market the worldÂ’s largest chipmaker preps dual-core processor internally called Yonah.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20050420140552.html

So, now both AMD and Intel have 65nm cores planned for 2006, it'll be interesting to see who gets it right. It's kinda ironic how the Intel President was taking about improving thermal output, which was basically what they said about the 90nm Prescott, and we all know how that went.

Oh well, 65nm is good regardless, less heat, less power consumption, less voltage, bigger and badder clock speeds. :D

lol yeah it's freakin crazy man, more powerful but with more, tinier resistors and running at cooler speeds!?! lol almost doesnt make sense........ahh man next few years of computing will be awesome

Will there be a point where they can't make them any smaller? That is tiny. As processors get more powerful they should be getting hotter, but it is weird thinking that they are getting cooler as they get more powerful.

Nubius the, "ahh man next few years of computing will be awesome" should be turned around to, as long as there is technological advances computing will be awesome :p

I wish I was more into computers about 6 years ago (when I got my first pc :p) I wasn't really bothered back then, but I would loved to have seen the technological advances happening than, and I could think now that it is even more amazing than looking back at the technological advances then.

65nm, and im not even on 90 yet :p i will be soon though :) how long have 130nm parts been the best we could get? because 90nm doesnt seem to have been around for that long, and its already being surpassed.

Raekwon said:
65nm, and im not even on 90 yet :p i will be soon though :) how long have 130nm parts been the best we could get? because 90nm doesnt seem to have been around for that long, and its already being surpassed.

Why upgrade to 90nm? not like their's a peformance difference at the same speed.

FX-55 is the best and still 130nm

Remeber, that's what intel said about the preschott
Yeah that's what gaara added at the end of his post.

Will there be a point where they can't make them any smaller?
No they are already working on ways to completely get rid of the need for transistors, so there could quite possibly be nothing after 65nm and they will just have a new way of processing faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom