Can't Log In To Win XP (Home)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3incorp

In Runtime
I am in Iraq and trying to help a friend in TX. Two days ago he booted his computer after shutting it down for the night. It booted to the Win XP User Log In screen. After inputing his password, the computer doesn't get any further than that. There are three different users and all have the same problem with no longer being able to log in. The computer is a year old Gateway running Win XP Home. Any ideas of how to work around this problem? Thanks

Have your friend restart XP in safe mode (F8 before you see the windows splash screen) Once the computer boots have your friend try and log on using his regular user name. If that doesnÂ’t work try logging on as Administrator. If this doesnÂ’t work I would have him repair XP using the recovery console if Gateway included the OEM CD. (Some companies only give you a ghost image to work with and don't include the actual Windows CD).

-GrayWolf

Thanks GrayWolf, that is exactly what I suggested to him when I found out his problem. Also told him that if it works, to go to a restore point that is a few days before the problem began. Haven't heard from him if it worked or not.

Another problem is that hes Running windows... Microsoft just has a thing with being "user friendly" ... it does stuff so fast so that you dont know when u screw up your computer... Unlike Linux where u have to know wtf ur inputting to do ne thing... I hate Microsoft and all there apps... grr ;/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom