ATTENTION: Users at Tech-Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a thought...Have you tried contacting Symantec about this yet? I mean, from yer screenie it looks like it was a Symantec product that reported this. Talk to them about it.

now it says that the source is from ThePlanet. ThePlanet does the same bandwidth managment and ftp services for HardOCP.com. you should log into hardocp.com and see if you get the same 'problem'. if you do, than there is somthing that norton doesn't like about theplanet and you should let it recieve packets from theplanet because there is nothing bad in them. i use a Norton/Zone Alarm combo for my virus protection and firewall and i have never had these sort of problems with ThePlanet. thats just wierd.

this is reply from tech support for our server:

------------------------------------------
(moldham-04/20/2005 23:29:22):
We are sending this to our security department so they can look into this issue for you.
------------------------------------------
(awood-04/21/2005 00:02:52):
Hm, I suspect it has to do with how the bulletin board system communicates with the client. I'd like to see the actual log information (src_host, dst_host, src_port, dst_port, timestamp). Anti-virus programs have a terrible problem with false positives.

I checked over your server and couldn't find any signs of compromise or malicious activity. It looks completely clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom