Vid Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishtar

Solid State Member
Video

My integrated video card works fine if I want to watch a movie or ssomething, but then I installed a TNT2 and the video would cut in and out (only while watching a movie or TV episode). I then proceeded to install a GeForce 2, 64 Meg and now the video won't go full screen! The integrated still works but switching video every time I want to watch something is a real piss off.
Anyone know what the problem could be?

Please try to keep your replys posted to the same thread.....thank you! Threads Merged....===MicroBell

make sure you have the right updated drivers for your vid cards,, then check your IRQ's to see if you have conflics in sharing, Start/Programs/Accessories/System tools/System information. maybe its your mother board, how old is it, if not oldd, then your OS (operating System) could affect your video play, go to your Windows update, (if use windows)
i dont know what else to say , never heard this happen before

TNT2?????
that's what ive got and it's like 4 years old (the one in my computer)
i reckon if the drivers don't help either get a better card or stick with your onboard

I'm using the Geforce 2 64 meg which isn't too bad, the drivers are fully updated and Windows is fully updated. I can't stay with the integrated as it won't support most of my games, plus it drains away 64 megs of my ram, I only have 256 megs to begin with.

When you say integrated video card, do you mean embedded on the motherboard? If so, you must disable this component in CMOS to add a video card.

Just a thought, but you should have disabled the integrated video right before shutting down the PC to install the new one. Try disabling the integrated card within device manager (don't uninstall as the PC will simply re-recognize the integrated card after rebooting). After disabling the card, reboot and then try reinstalling the software and drivers for the new card that you have.

-Michael

other post? oops something messed up, sorry about that yeah it's from the post below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom