pitfalls of changing cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just make sure you're using a vaccum cleaner, on carpet, while rubbing an air balloon on your head and running in place with socks on your feet... right before you move it over.

Seriously though.. invest in an anti-static wrist strap.. they're less than $10 bucks and are worth it.

rookie1010 said:
can you recommend an anti-static wrist band make.

on a bad day, my friends kind of stay away from me, i am so zappy.

it is a miracle i put my machine together without frying anything

i found a belkin wrist band on amazon.co.uk
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004Z5D1/qid=1113944870/026-2494963-9202036

what/where do you guys recommend i clip the wrist band to?

Sorry, I don't have any brand loyalty. They all work the same, pretty much.
I bought a cheap one from Staples that works just fine.. my only complaint is that it doesn't extend as far as I want to sometimes.

Also remember that humidity decreases static electricity.. the drier the air where you air, the more likliehood for static.

You just clip the thing to any metal part of the case.. or anything in your house that's grounded, really. The point is that electricity follows the path of least resistance. As long you're attached to a grounded object.. all static electricity will flow out of you via that object, and won't have a chance to build up.

They make large pads now in days that you plug into the wall and set the case on to keep you from shorting things out, there $30 and very nice, our school has several of them, and they worked very nice, hopefully they will "rent" them out to the students soon...

can you suggest a good make for these pads

if i use a pad, then do i need to use a wrist band?

charles_scott said:
They make large pads now in days that you plug into the wall and set the case on to keep you from shorting things out, there $30 and very nice, our school has several of them, and they worked very nice, hopefully they will "rent" them out to the students soon...

Those aren't new.. they've been making those for about 20 years.
My dad used to have one awhile back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom