Buidling my new comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickBrown7804

In Runtime
Ive been building this computer i got most of the parts from TigerDirect.com and i got it all together wired all the PSU wires under the mobo.

Took a picture of it. Plug it all in cross my fingers hit the power button. Nothing... either the PSU is bad or the mobo itself is bad Im just wondering if anyone ever had problems with tigerdirect.com I really feel like ive been jipped out of a lot of money by them. Because i dont think its the PSU im thinking its the mobo.

Make sure you've got everyting seated in properly..
make sure you've got the switch on the Psu flicked :p

I'm sure your missing something. if it turns out to be the mobo then just RMA it doa.

first, tiger direct in USA is shit, why did you buy from them

second, your psu is shit, and you spent too little money on your psu, 1 gig of ram is more than enough, you should spent at least $90 to 100 on your psu, not some ultra shit or non branded generic crap

Hey, generic ram is good for almost everyone man, except overclockers, and hell I run generic ram and I have an extreme overclock...

LoL ok how this post get to be about my memory. The memory is not the problem. THe problem is even when i take everything out but the CPU and unplug everything nothing powers up.

The setup is right. Ive set up numerous computers i know thats not the problem. The problem is that I cant test with another PSU because i dont have another one. So, im waiting untill i can get a buddies and then test if its my weak PSU or my Dead MOBO.

ummm you should prolly check that you have the power connector to the mainboard facing the right way

Believe it or not, this is not hard to figure out. Because only a few things can do this. Im voting for the PSU being DOA or just under-powered. I dont think the mobo would be DOA or anything. Thats VERY rare. If those dont become the problem, its the hook up.

Dont put the PSU wires between the mobo and the mobo tray... The circuts could puncture a wire and short it out. But Tigerdirect.com isnt that bad of a place you ask me. Ive never had problems allways got parts on time, and there technical support is decent, kinda hard to understand sometimes, but they get me thru what i need help with... One time my CPU didnt come with the stock heatsink when it should have and i told them i orderd the normal CPU and not OEM, but on there computers it showed OEM and on my Invoice it showed Retail. So they sent a nice stock heatsink with my choice of AS5 allready on it or the normal thermal grease.

First off, check to see if the PSU is switched to 115v in the back, the switch is turned to 1 not 0. Then check if the power switch cord is correctly connected to the front panel of the case. (may require to take apart the front.)

turtile said:
First off, check to see if the PSU is switched to 115v in the back, the switch is turned to 1 not 0. Then check if the power switch cord is correctly connected to the front panel of the case. (may require to take apart the front.)

I think some of you here are underestimating NickBrown7804's intelligence:
Originally posted by NickBrown7804
Ive set up numerous computers i know thats not the problem

Tigerdirect is not a bad company, you could just as well have the same problem from components bought at newegg.com, a MSI Neo2** motherboard from tigerdirect is not going to be any different than the same mobo bought from newegg.com.
**MSI Neo2 was a random selection, could just as well be Asus or Abit.
BTW: I have bought from Tigerdirect numerous times, they do have good service, I have also been to their store in Orland Park, IL also good service and stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom