Venice or San Deigo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
i was just wondering what the diffce between those two processer and stuff. Which one is better for gaming.

Just for clarification, they aren't really processors, they're cores found in processors, which come in a number of clock speed variations.

San Diego has double the L2 cache of the Venice at 1MB. Cache size has a relatively small effect on performance so it's not a very big deal. I'm personally buying a San Diego just because it's not much more expensive than the same processor using Venice and I'm quite certain that 512KB cache will start to cut off (excluding Celeron/Sempron).

ok well then that would be the San Deigo core but it is a socket 939 and they are good cooling cores like wincheter and stuff like people have been saying.

Vinece is supposedly be able to overclock to 2.8 stable with out changing Vcore I'm either going to get that or the Sandiego even though san diego I know almost nothjing about.

it's as simple as this:

Venice and san diego are superior to winchester both because of new and improved architecture and the added SSE3 instructions. San Diego has 1mb of L2 cache vs venice having 512kb.......I think from there you can pretty much asess on your own as to which would technically be better for gaming

gaara said:
San Diego has double the L2 cache of the Venice at 1MB. Cache size has a relatively small effect on performance so it's not a very big deal.
Actually the cache size has a greater impact than most would think. It's not huge, but its worth the extra money.

I think Venice and San Diego were both releaed at the same time, it's just gonna take awhile for them to get into circulation.

how much money is the differce going to be from the venice core.
and are there benchmark on this core yet if so can you post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom