Oc vga xfx 5200

Status
Not open for further replies.
you usually do it through the drivers. So goto: Right Click Desktop/Propeties/Settings/Advanced and there should be a tab that allows frequency control. Otherwise, i heard of a program called Rage 3d Tweak, but im not sure of its compatibility.

I have that card. I wouldnt reccomend OCing it. I over clocked mine quite a bit. from 250>>297, 300>>402...and now it is sort of messed up. If its just an extra card lying around then go for it but if you need it I wouldnt reccomend it.

don't oc it. low-end GeForce FX cards are horrible OC'ers. and why the hell would you want to OC a 5200? the extra fps you would get wouldn't be that much. its not worth it.

No you are right, but sometimes its just fun to OC to see what your end results are. I saw about 5-10fps increase.

What kind of heatsink do you have on it? if it isnt a decent one with a fan I wouldnt overclock it at all.

lol, i once tried to overclock my radeon 9200 se (s**t edition), they are the ones with the passive heatsink (no fan) . A few months later i needed a new one. The original one had severe distortions/artifacts and the screen was barely visible. Next time i do a upgrade, i might whack a 40mm fan onto it since i set up dual monitors and its processing twice the screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom