My comp does not work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iliketea

Solid State Member
Hi. I recently posted my topic here:
processor blown?

It didn't seem to go anywhere. I've discovered a few things, but I still haven't been able to fix the problem. So anyway, basically I turn on my computer and I get nothing on the monitor. I'm almost 100 percent sure it's not a connection problem because I've checked it about a bajillion times. I've done some tests with other hardware and I've discovered that It's NOT my monitor and It's NOT my video card. I've tried two different motherboards and basically both of them give me the same problem as well. The only thing I havent been able to determine the validity of is the processor.

Does the computer run at all? Because if it does, then its not your processor. It might be the mobo, you said its not the monitor. Because you have tryed various ones.

Does it POST? From what you said I don't think it gets that far.

I would imagine it being the mother board, but since you have tried other motherboards I doubt it is. Have you checked the power supply?

we went ahead and bought a new motherboard combo. that fixed the problem. i used a power supply tester and tested the power supply and it worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom