would like to know your views on this antec fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad fan. The price seems a litte high though. Shoot for 7-8 pounds. (I would type the symbol, but I have an American keyboard.)

Re:

lol...what an insult! Our keyboard have both the $ and £ signs!!! :p ...

I happen to have an Antec Smart Cool 92mm Case Fan. Bought it after my previous fan needed replacing. Started making strange scraping noises!

It is rather quiet...and does transfer a fair amount of air.

does it get its power from the 4 pin molex.

does this mean one of my precioussss 4 pin molex's from the pSU is gonna be taken up

i am going for the antec sonata(380 watt PSU), how many 4 pin molexs come out of the PSU?

no it doesnt use one of the precious 4 pins because u plug on in and it has one on the end of the fan the u can plug into other stuff
NO it dont
WHO IS MIKE JONES?

Looks like it will use a presicous molex, and not give you a replacement for free. I used up all my molex connections on my antec 330watt truepower, and I only have one harddrive and one dvd drive, and one of the other standard stuff. (I have 4 fans btw, 3 of which are powered by psu.)

Re:

Hello,

My Antec Case Fan came with a Molex to 3-pin fan socket converter.

Optionally, I can either hook the Fan's 3-pin plug directly onto the thermally managed fan socket on the motherboard, hook it directly to a molex connector without a temp sensor signal line to the fan socket, or hook it to a molex connector for power, and to the fan connector for just the thermal line.

Confusing!? :confused: :D Either way... the fan is built solid with a 3-pin fan connector. The molex connector & dedicated 3-pin temperature connector is seperate on an adaptor.

you mean to say i need to use both the three pin connector and the 4 pin MOLEX connector

the 4 pin for the power and the 3 pin for the control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom