New mobo, cant autodetect plug'n'play devices?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

espeed

In Runtime
Hiya,

I just installed my new ASUS P4P800SE board last night and it seemed to boot up fine, i was able to format my drive and reinstall windows XP home no problems. But my system is not detecting any of my devices ie, graphics card, sound card, modem, network card - nothing!!!! I have switched off onboard audio in bios and there doesnt seem to be any onboard video option with the mobo so i cant switch that off. Is there a bios setting im missing here, or something else?!! please help, im absolutely mystified by this. :(

no i havent, what does that do exactly, can you explain? and how do i do it. its my first time installing a new mobo.

thanks

Re:

Hello,

...yeah. Leave it out for like a minute or so. Or you cud do it the fancy way by locating the specific jumper on the motherboard, and removing it for a minute or so which break the circuits current.

Why couldn't they just tell you to knock the battery out...!? Strange manufacturers!

well i sorted my problem last night, so ill post it here incase it helps others. I removed all cards except the graphics card, reset to defaults in the bios, made sure pnp detect was off, loaded into windows and detected the onboard sound and lan etc. Then disabled (not remove) the onboard audio driver. Shut the PC down and put my sound card in, loaded up and installed drivers for the card, then installed drivers for the graphics card and sweet as im away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom