windows me

Status
Not open for further replies.
question!!

do you double click on the file or go in word and chose open?

If you click on the file, maybe your doc's files are associated with another software, you can change that in regedit.

But how did it get there? (if that's the problem) virus? user playing around in regedit?...

just an idea, try it

The computer was like that when it was given to me. the owner got tired of it being that way. It doesn'r matter which way you try to open a word document, it does the same thing. If you go to create a new document, it still does the same thing.

I belive that he said he reinstalled on the initial post.
Any why *cough* around the opinion of Windows ME? It most certianly sucks.. :) Yea, it's cold and all, but M$ knows it sucks too so no harm done....

Geez, I'm really bitter this morning.....

-Michael

Win ME totally sucks!! I got Win XP Pro for my kids PC. Will install sunday morning. Gonna do a clean install and format both their drives. 10gig master & a 40gig slave for games. Got to reinstall the linksys adaptor and a ton of other stuff. Wish me Luck!!:(

Everyone is emtitled to their opinion on anything. If you hate W-ME, that is your choice. I have very little experience with it and I have to agree with you. It sucks. However, I would like to get the computer working for my grandson. He needs one. I do have W98 that I could install. If I do format and install 98, what about all the drivers for the hardware? I have some of the disks but not the one for the sound system. I have not had much luck with getting drivers off the net that will work. That may just be my problem.
Also, my grandson is wanting me to get a steering wheel and pedals for XP so the he can run his racing games on it. Without adding a card, it will have to be USB. The ones that I have found say they will work with XP but when I go to the XP compatibility site, they are not listed there. Any suggestions on this.
Thanks for all the info all of you have given me so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom