Laptops are more dangerous then you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devils advocate here:"Guns dont kill;People kill"so then "Laptops are not dangerous;Stupidity is dangerous"............It is a pc of equipment;it has no common sense,sometimes neither does its owner..........................:rolleyes:

Re:

...probably a really bad 1st degree burn...!?

Hurts quite a bit if you grasp onto the top edge of a central heating radiator, with it turned up for several minutes. Perhaps it's like that :rolleyes: ...

..oh...and yeah :p ...It was very unfortunate and careless to have obtained a burn in that manner. Well, she was drunk! :mad:

NeoExtreme said:
I have a laptop and if it ever gets that hot<out the window it goes LOL>,mine has never gotten that hot.I mean come on hot enough to burn you,the government wouldn't even allow something to be sold if it can harm you during regular use.

they allow the selling of tobacco do they not?

they allow the selling of tobacco do they not?
Bah you're one of those people that auditioned for those 'TRUTH' commercials aren't you.

That's something entirely different compared to something that could burn the hell out of your skin.

NeoExtreme said:
I mean come on hot enough to burn you...
Newer laptops are much better built and run a LOT cooler than old ones.

That generation of PII's and early PIII's ran like lava, especially the WinBooks and Compaqs.

I should find my old WinBook3...it really does have a metal plate on the bottom, and damn did that sucker get hot if you left it plugged in for over an hour! Something with the battery charger not doing too well with continuous charging. Whatever.

She probably got only 1st degree burns, with a really awsome impression in her skin from laying on it, and thought her skin had melted or something.

Oh, and I'm guessing she's blonde, too, right?

Ok. I don't know this girl, a friend of mine goes to college with her. I don't think she would be interested in me taking a picture of her burnt stomach and posting it on the internet. So no, i can't get pictures. Nor do I think I care enough about if anyone believes this or not.

Here's some facts about burns:
Water temperature Time required for a third degree burn
68 degrees Celsius 1 second
64 degrees 2 seconds
60 degrees 5 seconds
56 degrees 15 seconds
52 degrees 1 minute
51 degrees 3 minutes
48 degrees 5 minutes
37 degrees Safe temperature for bathing

What do you think the average temp of a LAPTOP CPU is?
40-50C - I don't think so?
50-60C - Probably pretty close
60-70C - Possible in a College Loaned Crappy Laptop.

Now taking into consideration that this burn was not from water, but it was from the heat of a Laptop/CPU transfered through plastic, let's assume that we can drastically increase the times above. The laptop was resting on her stomach for a few hours while asleep.

So let's say a thin piece of plastic separates your bare stomach from a heat source of 50-55C for over say 4-5hours. What do you think might happen? You tell me....

I say a test is in order!

Shoobie - get drunk and place your old laptop on your stomach, report back to us :D

Re:

Hello,

You'd be surprised what laptops you'll find on the market today. You can still find some laptops that are just Intel Pentium 4. Not mobile. Nothing. Just the ordinary desktop type processor compacted into a 'specially' designed casing.

The consequences don't even need detailing. But anyways :p : Excessive power consumption, overheating, constantly full speed fans, low battery power, poor portability.

Again, back to my sister's laptop, the Advent 7014 (no...i'm not sad :p ;) ) the specs are 512MB of RAM and a 2.7Ghz Intel Pentium 4 Processor. Temperature readings indicate high 70 degrees celcius! It regularly knocks out. This thing can get hot, especially on the underside where the CPU and heat transfer radiator is located.

(Oh...P.S: I suggest placing the laptop on rashes of bacon. So experiment in the morning, with a cup of freshly squeezed orange juice....)

Here! Enjoy..

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/11/22/man_burns_penis_with_laptop/

Scroll down to near the bottom of the page you will find this warning: CAUTION: Do not allow your portable computer to operate with the base resting directly on your body. With extended operation, heat can potentially build up in the base. Allowing sustained contact with the skin could cause discomfort or, eventually, a burn.
http://support.jp.dell.com/docs/Systems/latls/en/ug/intro.htm

http://www.vnunet.com/news/1159979

lol my god, gotta love that title..........."MAN BURNS PENIS WITH LAPTOP"

Tell her you need photos for a medical examiner :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom