Laptops are more dangerous then you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Ok. A friend of mine is a student at Sacred Heart University in Fairfield, CT. Over the weekend a female friend of his was at a party, "Got extremely intoxicated" and fell asleep on her bed with her laptop on her stomach. When she woke up she found that her stomach had sustained 2nd degree burns. The crazy thing is, "She was so drunk that she didn't even wake up while she was being burned. Although she did urinate herself... lol... She was treated for her burns and released from the hospital.

I guess the moral of this story is don't drink and use a laptop.

???? Yeah right dude, they don't get THAT hot.

They do recommend men not put it on their laps because it will kill sperm :)

Lolz.. some do get pretty hot.. but I would doubt it hot enough to give 2nd degree burns... 2nd degree burns are like over 80C... laptops dont get that hot, if one did, it would shut off neway.

It's unbelieveable I know. I didn't really believe it either. But it is true. That's what happened. Why would I make something like that up?

I guess this story belongs on ripley's believe or not.

I have a laptop and if it ever gets that hot<out the window it goes LOL>,mine has never gotten that hot.I mean come on hot enough to burn you,the government wouldn't even allow something to be sold if it can harm you during regular use.

Re:

Yeah...

My sis has an Advent 7014 Laptop . My opinion...it's a complete peice of junk (thank god my sis dun't know this site...:D ). If you own this laptop, you certainly don't want to go to http://www.reviewcentre.com .

It has too many metal fan grills, and fans lodged in all corners. These metal fan grills can get extremely hot! Like if you were to touch a 50w GU10 halogen bulb when its on... (STTTSSSS OUCH :mad: ).

Well, at least if feels like that if you hold onto the fan grills for more than 20 seconds...just imagine what it would be like for 8 hours sleep, plus hangover time...! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I cant really see that being true. That laptop had to be screwed up in the first place.

Depends. My old WinBook3 had this stupid metal plate on the bottom. If the laptop was plugged in for a long period of time, that sucker would get too hot to touch. If I kept my hand on that plate for an extended period of time, I could see that it might give me blisters.

Heh, now she can tell everyone the story about how she got that laptop-shaped scare on her belly! :D

Laptops are dangerous, though, but most ly only when they're not being used. Aside from spermacide and ruining good work slaks, I've known them to cause "interesting" problems. I had one friend who put his laptop on the passenger seat of his car. While in fast traffic on i495, the laptop slid off the seat. He dove to catch it, inadvertantly yanking the steering wheel, which sent him into a guard-rail at 55mph. :) While in college, a close friend of mine was standing on the corner of an intersection, waiting to cross to go to her next class. Some kid decided to play traffic Frogger and started out into traffic. On the way across, he apparently dropped his laptop on the street. Someone swirved to avoid it, which caused another driver to freak out and swirve, ramming up over the curb and hitting my friend.

Laptops are a menace to society! Their owners shouldn't be allowed to stop working on them! Every time they stop and put it down, bad things happen! :D

Unless she was laying on an upside-down laptop like my old winbook3, I don't see how this could have happened. I could believe 1st degree burns...That's possible with most thin-bottom laptops...but not 2nd. Not unless she was like...soaking-wet laying on top of a plugged-in laptop...Or if she was laying over the open battery bay of a plugged-in laptop. That I would believe.

But the chances of that are nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom