PC Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris C

Beta member
I recently purchased a new bundle from Tigerdirect. I got a new 1.8 GHz Duron Processor 256 MB 266 MHZ PC2100 DDR Memory, and after some issues got a PCChips M825G v9.2A Motherboard. Now everything I've read says these are compatible, however when I place the motherboard in my machine, attach the CPU and the CPU Fan and insert the Memory, and the necessary jumpers for the front of the machine I hit the power button and the machine starts, however I don't see anything on the monitor. I know the motherboard is working because the machine turned on and the CPU fan is spinning. I'm figuring that either the Memory or the CPU is faulty, but how do I determine which on it is?

Here are the specs on the MB

CPU - Socket A for AMD Athlon XP/Sempron processor FSB 333/266 MHz

Chipset - KM266 Pro / 8235 VGA
Embedded UniChrome 2/3D Graphics w/ 64M share memory

Memory - 2 x 184-pin DIMM sockets support two 2.5V DDR SDRAMs (DDR333/266) Maximum: 2GB

Expansion Slots
1 x AGP 4X
2 x PCI slots
1 x CNR slot

LAN - VIA VT6103 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet PHY

Audio - C-Media CMI9761A 6-channel audio Codec Compliant with AC'97 2.3 specification

IDE - 2 x UltraDMA 133/100/66

Back Panel I/O Ports
1 x PS/2 keyboard
1 x PS/2 mouse
1 x Parallel Port
1 x Serial Port
1 x VGA port
4 x USB 2.0 Ports
1 x RJ 45 Port
1 x Audio I/O (Line-in, Line-out and Mic-in)

Internal I/O Connectors & Headers
20-pin ATX power supply connector
4-pin ATX 12V power supply connector
1 x Floppy connector-support 360K~2.88M Byte, 3 Mode FDDs or LS120
1 x IrDA for SIR header
1 x USB header support additional
2 USB2.0 ports
1 x Front panel audio header
1 x Speaker header
CPU / SYS FAN headers
1 x CD in header
1 x Front panel switch/LED header
1 x SPDIF header
System BIOS
AMI 2Mb Flash ROM
Supports Plug and Play 1.0A, APM 1.2, Multi Boot, DMI
Full support for ACPI revision 1.0 specification
Form Factor
Micro-ATX Form Factor, 244*190mm

Yes I'm using the integreated video, I also tested with the Video card I was using on my previous MB. The RAM is Ultra. Yes I'm only using the one DIMM right now.

So I call AMD and they tell me that this MB isn't recommended for the Duron, and at the time I call PCChips Tech Support they are out to lunch. Just my luck.

"Not recommended" usually just means it hasn't been tested. Check your MB's manufacturer's website for drivers.. worth a shot.

I've checked the MB's site and it say's it is supported. I just love getting the run arounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom