DVD drive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

artus

Beta member
just want to know if anyone can clear something up for me I have an artec 16X DVD drive the problem I have is that it will not recognise DVD's but will play data and audio cds with out a problem checked all cables bios seen as a DVD player, everything seems ok OS win 2000 sp4. My way of thinking is thatr its dead but just find it highly confounding why it will detect cd's but not DVD's any feed back will be greatly recieved.
coolermaster aero 7+
2x256mb samsung 3200
maxtor 120gb sata
radeon 9600 pro @ 520/324
3dmark2001 13197

dvd

what dvd player software do you use? have you tried another player? What OS?

tried different dvd? does it display an error message?

hope this can lead to slove your problem

Go to

http://www.videolan.org

Download their VLC player,, it is FREE ,,open source and runs MPEG 1/2 DivX, DVD, SVCD.....

plus does streaming,,

Usually,, in this error ,, there is a big chance it is a software coding problem to recogniZe,,,

before you slam dunk that sucker, check it out!

cheers,

maybe if it doesn't read DVD's even with good software it might be the DVD reading lasers that's the problem - a DVD drive has a laser for reading DVD's and one for reading CD's

Cheers for the replys but I think apokalipse has it as the drive dosent even recognise DVD disks when you have one in the drive I thoufght as much and it does me a favour in a way means I get to buy a DVD writer to take it's place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom