viewpoint media player

Status
Not open for further replies.
i downloaded the spymaster, hopefully it should keep the nasties out of my pc

hey the red hard disk light flashes every now and then, i got no word documents open.

you think there is some nasty virus lurking on my hard disk

viewpoint mp comes with netscape or aol products. nothing malicous will happen to you. Aol is legitimate spyware, meaning no adware program will pick it up

actually the icon on my desktop said vmp.....exe and i did a search for it on google, came up with viewpoint media player. i have deleted the icon now

DJ-CHRIS said:
Yes, try using GAIM or Trilliam as alternatives to AIM.

no offense or anything but i disagree completely. AOL browser and Internet is FULL of spyware/adware and more. but AIM is not i have it and never have spyware. (spybot, spyware sweeper both up to date) sorry i have to disagree with that though..

as for the topic:
get spybot S&D very nice (free) lot of signitures on here have links if u want it and i have viewpoint.. but just viewpoint i dont recall installing it either but it isn't ne thing bad i guess b/kus none of my scanners pick it up. hope it helps

Just because a scanner doesn't pick it up doesn't mean it's not spyware. Someone already said why scanners don't get it, because it's from AOL, a legit company.

its what some websites use instead of flash. I dont install it, as there is no uninstall feature, and a hassle to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom