optimal settings for bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebith75

Solid State Member
I am new to the optimizing computer game and have a AMD 64 3000 with 2 sticks pc3200 ddr 400 512 and a soltek mobo with a nforce3 250gb chipset and am lost when it comes to bios settings such as max mem clock, 1t/2t mem timing, cas#latency, ras# to cas# active time, row percharge time, etc. Basically i just want to run my comp at optimal performance w/o making it unstable

There should be a setting for "normal" and "optimal" settings. I would recommend setting "normal" and also enabling "cool n quiet" technology, assuming your MB supports it.
Optimal settings may require a bit more experience to use.

See how it goes with normal settings, then you can always adjust as you see fit.

smileygladhands said:
There should be a setting for "normal" and "optimal" settings. I would recommend setting "normal" and also enabling "cool n quiet" technology, assuming your MB supports it.
Optimal settings may require a bit more experience to use.

See how it goes with normal settings, then you can always adjust as you see fit.

IMO cool and quiet isnt needed for a desktop PC, but it works well on a laptop.

Leave your ram at default settings unless you are into overclocking, you cant usually run cheap ram at 3-3-3-7 at 2.5-3-3-7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom