Cooling Upgrade: Zalman Air or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FadingTheory

I Rule You
I've noticed since I first built my computer (sig) that my computers been running a bit hot under stock cooling. I frequently have 45-50 idle on cpu, and 40-45 on system RAM and motherboard. I'm almost afraid to know what my video card is running at. In anycase, I thought I might as well decide to cool the thing: and if I'm going to cool it, I should cool it well.

At first, I thought perhaps a Zalman pair of fans would do the trick.

Video Card Cooler:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-118-117&depa=0
$39.00

CPU Cooler:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-118-115&depa=0
$52.00

Total:
$91.00

And though they look big, and supposidly work well, I thought perhaps I could do better. So, my question is: is there a better air cooling solution for this at the price, and would it be possible to up my budget to $150 dollars and get a decent water cooling system? I don't know where to start, and browsing the forums dosn't give me any really good idea of how I'd go about that business.

I thank you in advance.

Oh, by thhe way: I will overclock once I get this good cooling installed.

no with that budget its not worth going to water cooling. if u did ull end up with the bog standard cheap stuff really. them two fans uve put on there are really really good. are quiet aswel. make sure they have a decent amount of air blowing into ur case and at least one case plus your psu fan/s blowin out. its pointless blowing hot air onto a hot heatsink now isnt it.

I would say those zalman fans are your best bet around that price, and you should also get a good thermal compound like artic silver 5.

your gfx card will OC, your cpu won't

with that value ram, you can barely push up that fsb

Hmmm... oh well. Graphics card is what needs the push anyway.

Whats the max you can get out of value ram... I have it running at 225 with no problem. Wont it be able to go up to.... perhaps 250 with better cooling (better cooling=better voltage)?

Sorry.... but hey, just keep in mind I got the shitty processor that wont overclock without jumping in temps that are unheard of (My CPU becomes unstable and 2.2 GHz. Thats odd for a 3000+, isnt it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom