SATA not recognized on ABIT AV8

Status
Not open for further replies.

forlorn_ronin

In Runtime
Just got done with a build. Having problems with an ABIT AV*-GURU board reading the new seagate 80gb sata HDD. Have put in windows and pressed f6 done that whole thing still does not recognize the drive? This is even with the drivers given to me with the board on a floppy. I noticed that there were four diffirent sata drivers. I tried all four. Nothing. Does not recognize windows setup program cycles me to no HDD detection f3 to exit setup and thats it. Someone have similar problems? Anyone know what to do on this board. Please all the help is much appreciated! Got to get this thing working.

I am having issues with the memory. What slots do I put these in? dimm 1 & 2 is what I thought. I have this memory: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-440&depa=1

Is this memory dual channel? Because if it is I got the feeling to put it into Dimm slots 1 & 2. If it is single than I think it should go into Dimm Slots 1 & 3. Well here is the specs on my system for reference:

Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-127-186&depa=1

Thanks looking forward to answers. Im stumped!

As far as SATA drive. Are you sure it is pluged into the right sata plug. They ususaly have ones for primary and secondary. You want primary. Also make sure you have the power connected to it as well. Use EITHER OR the 4 pin or the SATA power plug.

As far as the memory. The mobo actually controls dual channel, and yes, that board supports it and those chips should work fine in dual channel mode. Check the manual of the mobo to see what two slots for dual channel. It is typically color coded.

well i have the abit av8 3rd eye all the drivers including the sata drivers came on the disk supplied with the board, check to make sure you didnt forget to install all the drivers from the disk.

I am way confused. My memory shows that dual channel memory should go into DIMM slots 1 & 2. I have them in there and determined from this pst that they are in fact dual channel memory sticks. However in my bios it shows 640k base memory and a gig in extended memory. Same happens in slots 1 & 3. Is this a problem? Also Once in the windows setup program asking for the sata drivers it gives me a selection of 4 drivers 3 of which state intel? the other is sis or something like that. I have tried all four drivers once in the windows setup program none show the SATA HDD.!? This is getting rather frustrating and I am not pleased with this board. Someone please help me. Remember this is a new build. Off the bat I am trying to install with one 80gb SATA HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom