Windows installation problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krogen

Baseband Member
Note: To install Windows, I have to use 'special' SCSI drivers from my motherboard manufacturer since the version of Windows that I have... Doesn't have them!!

When I was installing Windows, it asked me for the SCSI drivers. OK, I put them in, Windows continues the installation and then, almost at the end (partitioning and formating is over) it comes up with "Can not copy ---HERE'S THE SCSI DRIVER NAME---" and does that 3x for every file (SCSI driver) that needs to be copied.

I ignore this and continue with the installation. Finalizing. Windows restarts. Now I get a blue screen before booting to Windows

"A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to
your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your
computer. If this screen appears
again follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard
drive or hard drive controllers.
Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and
terminated.
Run CHKDSK /f to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your
computer.

Technical Info:
*** Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF7C45640, 0x00000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

I searched for the above and came with quite few results. It happens when, EXACTLY, the SCSI drivers can not be found or they are corrupted or when the boot device is innaccesible (NO DRIVER!!!).

Is there a way to install the drivers manually? Where do I paste them, if so?

Thanks!

Woops, forgot my specs:

INSTALLING WINDOWS XP HOME
Albatron K8X800 Pro 2 with 1.06a BIOS motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (ClawHammer)
1024 MB DDRAM (512MB of 3200 and 512MB of 2700)
Gigabyte NVIDIA 6800 128MB DDRAM OC 360MHz proc 730MHz mem
Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM Hard Drive w/8 MB cache
350 Watt Power Supply
5 case fans / runs cool

Try installing Linux first (you can download them for free)
Then install Windows afterwards - If your Linux formats everything without a problem.

hit f6 after you boot from cd. install your scsi (raid) driver with a floppy disc. then finish your install

EricB said:
hit f6 after you boot from cd. install your scsi (raid) driver with a floppy disc. then finish your install

Yeah, that's exactly what I was doing except that when the installation was almost finished, it gave me an error that it can't copy the drivers (although it could run them since it accessed the drive) from the floppy.

I did google it. I came up with two or three 'good' results that told me something about unattanded cds and being unable to copy drivers when installing from them. The only problem is, I have an original Windows XP Home so I don't think this should give me any errors

Anyways, I'm done, after searching and posting the same topic(s) all over multiple forums and getting very little help (I know, it's no ones fault). After solving couple of problems...

*PC sent to the service*

:(

OK. I finally sent my PC to service. Got it fixed in one day. The problem was... BAD Windows installation disc!!! **** Cyberpower. They suck so bad... Could have fixed it myself in no time with a good Win XP disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom