5700 256MB or 9800 128MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea plus you got to look at programing, defrag, drivers, etc. I say you just find out for yourself. Now whereas ATI always beating Nvidia, that is far from true. The 6800Ultra EE spanks the latest X800. Sorry chipset. Dont mean to burst you bubble.

well it seems to me chipset is an 'Ati Fan boy' and is quite bias'd with his opinions. All the benchmarks are always pretty damn close so it always comes down to the same simple point. Either you like ATI or Nvidia...different systems produce different results...blah blah blah....either way you'll be getting an awesome card.

ag3 said:
Yep! The Radeon 9800 PRO will cut up any of the 5xxx series. And that is without any modifications.

Ha. I've got an Xfx 5700 ultra with a 475 core and 950mhz DDR3 that gobbles up the 9xxx ati series, runs doom3 on ultra at 20-30 fps with just 128mb ram, proving you dont need 256mb, and if you take it down to high its a very playable 45ish, running on a p4 2556mhz

lol guys who cares this thread is freakin 6+ months old.....doom3 is heavily for nvidia so you need more benches besides that to prove anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom