is PC3200 out dated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki9090

In Runtime
Is it still worth buying dual pc3200 ram for a new comp or is it better to take a jump to DDR2 or another setting? Is 3200 on its way to the junk heap?

no 3200isnt yet. well for amd anyhow. i think all new intels use ddr2. 3200 is the standard for ram in amd systems and will be for abit yet i would of thought. so get ddr2 if ur buying intel get ddr1 if ur buyin amd

good DDR1 can clock very high, but AMD wont be going DDR2 for quite some time I believe

I didnt think ddr2 was even going to AMD.

I heard that PC-3200 was fine and that DDR2 wouldnt make a difference, so they will use DDR3 when/if it comes out in like 6 years.

The standard for Intel is DDR2-533. The standard for AMD will be DDR2-667.

From what i have heard from a techie friend of mine is that they are going to be abandoning ddr completly and go to a cross between rdram and ddr. Hes designing the controllers for that so :)

Its a shame that MRAM never took off, instant boot would have been awesome :(. But the price of somethin like 100$ p/1mb is a bit out of scale if you guys know what i mean.

lets see, ive got 2 gigs...so 2000 dollars. perfect. yea, i see what ur going at.

dhw200 theres no way you could afford them boards, hell i remember hearing about them trying to make that stuff but it wasnt completly bootable or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom