Dual PSU question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update!!!!!!

After brakeing around 30 cheap ass cutting disc and messing up its bit i FINALY gave up making the hole in my case for my 2nd PSU, got it in, fits perfectly, BUT i still get low voltages on my 12V rail every now and then :'( so far its gone all the way down to 11.02 then it will jump to 12.02, but i still havent taken the optical drives off of the master PSU. And all my fans that are on the 2nd PSU spin a lot faster and are a hell of a lot louder..... How will i ever sleep with this beside me now....

Ill post pictures later ;-)

http://www.pimprig.com/downloads/details.php?file=2

AND - theres the program I was telling you about.

EDIT: Keep in mind the total wattage will be what your system was with all those things at full load which basically never happens lol. You'd have to be benching your CPU, memory hard drives while burning a CD or something like that haha

Alright, thanks Nubius. I'll have to give it a try when I have some free time. ITs currently the week before final exams this semester, and well free time is in short supply.

You sure you put in all the check box options that apply? Mines says 400w but mind you that's with everything at full load which would never happen

I ran that and it tells me I need 497watts. I am running 550watts It doesnt consider the power used by my fan bay, or my audigy2 ptm. So this makes me feel better about putting devices on a second psu. Thanks Nubius. I guess all I really need to put on the secondary psu is just fans.

Well like I said dude, that 497w is based off of everything running maxed out which never happens. At any given time you are probably only running like 425 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom