AMD Athlon 64-M "Turion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaara

Fully Optimized
AMD Turion 64 targets the same space as Intel’s Centrino mobile platform – thin, light, but yet powerful notebooks. However, there is a significant difference between the Turion and the Centrino: the Turion 64 is a standalone processor, whereas the Centrino is a platform.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mobile/display/20050417224556.html

It is unclear whether this technology will be compatible with desktop systems, however it is certainly an appealing prospect with variations availible in 35 watt and 25 watt power consumptions with as little as 1.0 vcore.

Man that's just too cool. Now if they made something like that to fit into socket 939 .......... :drool:

1vcore is insane, think of how cool and how high of an OC you could probably get on that assuming the architecture doesn't have a very low OC'ing ceiling.

SSE3 instructions to boot....mmmmmmmmm nice, although I'd rather see it with a little higher stock clock speed than 1.6, 1.8 would be good like the XP-Ms

overall a nice chip especially if it could be used in a desktop environment

They have 'em availible from 1.6GHz to 2.0GHz with cache ranging from 512KB to 1MB, something for everyone. :)

modelnumbers.gif

hmmmmmmmmmmm delicious.

I'll take the 1.8GHz/1m MT-34

I want that 25w ;)

EDIT: Why is it we're always the only two commenting on this stuff when either you or I post it lol

EDIT: Why is it we're always the only two commenting on this stuff when either you or I post it lol [/B]

What else is there to say? I get tired of seeing 100 posts that all say "WOW!!!".

I think it is cool and should provide more competition for Intel and drive down the costs of laptops.

Like I say, you and I are practically on the same note on everything, and a lot of people are probably looking at this and thinking "What the hellsa mobile gonna do in a desktop"? :D

Maannn, I really wish Socket 754 hadn't even existed, it just complicates everything and makes us make a bunch of sacrificing, and every thing technology/core I see just pisses me off even more because I'm just thinking "OMG I'm a kid in a candy store, I want it all!!!"

I *think* a 4000+ San Diego is the one I'm gonna get my hands on though.

hmmm thats about as good areason as i can think of too go from 32 too 64 bit cpu\s

I *think* a 4000+ San Diego is the one I'm gonna get my hands on though.
lol damn dude, you are definitely gonna burn some major cash on your next system.

I'm probably going to have to settle for a 3000+ or 3200+ venice, although I'd rather have a san diego I think the 1mb cache is going to bump up the price quite significantly.

What else is there to say? I get tired of seeing 100 posts that all say "WOW!!!".
lol yeah, but gaara and I don't just say WOW, we manage to put other thoughts and ideas behind it as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom