MY CPU IS GOING 100% all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokodezine

Solid State Member
Hi

I am using an AMD ATHLON XP 2100+ 1.71 GHZ

MY pc as many of you know has slowed down --
My processor is goign up to 100% usage alot when I just hit my start button or open up internet exploreer or some program

Is that supposed to be?

Please help how I can fix that ro do something!

Thanks
lokodezine

Someone else had the same problem. Changing some settings in bios did the trick for him or her..

Hope it helps

Mmm...

lokodezine: If it's working, why fix it? I just do BIOS upgrades on older motherboards or non-working motherboards. Most of the time to detect new hard drives on old motherboard.

Maybe flashing the bios (just remove the battery for 10 secs) will do the trick...

sorry im new

What do you mean am I always using virtual memory

If it's working, why fix it? I just do BIOS upgrades on older motherboards or non-working motherboards. Most of the time to detect new hard drives on old motherboard.

Maybe flashing the bios (just remove the battery for 10 secs) will do the trick...

I agree but in the above post fiezk said that someone was haivng the same problem and chanign the BIOS fixed it... so you dont think that is the problem, what is exactly the Bios anwyays

... has questions

Are you running any distributed computing software like folding@home or SETI?

Have you scanned for viruses and/or spyware?

Have you installed all your OS updates?

here

Hi I am looking at the proccess right now and when I open a internet explorer or program or just go to another site the USAGE shoots up to 100 % then goest down to like 80 then 64 back up to 80 and such then finally goes back down to 5 -10 but then i do antyghing even move my mouse it shooots up more...

The highest 5 processes are
When i hit CTRL ALT DEL

I get the task manager - I got to processes

It shows the top 5 programs at top that are using the most CPU MEM USAGE

those are

1. ieexplorer - 28,584 K
2.iexplorer - 27,672
3. explorer.exe - 23,140
4. svchost.exe - 22,996
5. YPager.exe-15,508

---
6. NAVAPW32.EXE - 6,400
7. spoolsv.exe - 5,324
8. mixer.exe - 4,828
9. msmsgs.exe - 4,760
10 . NPROTECT.EXE - 4,508

Hope that helps

I am just worried my pc has slowed down tremedensouly -

I got 1 gig of ram so I could run multiple stuff simotaneously but now it takes a while for me to load just another internet Explorer or anything and my CPU is overloaded especially when running a program like photoshop and I just did reformatt my hardrive...

Also my dvd player has shot out but that is in a different post!

k

I think I did the worng thing - This time I went to taks manger and clicked the CPU column and this is what I got

The top 5 are

1. IMAGE NAME = SYSTEM IDLE PROCESS
CPU - 98
MEM USAGE - 20K

-------THE BELOW - 2-7 are constantly changing - but 2 and 3 are there the most_

2. IMAGE NAME - explorer.exe
CPU - 01 (02)
MEM USAGE - 23,156

3. IMAGE NAME - YPager
CPU - 01 (02)
MEM USAGE - 15,520

4. wisptis.exe
5. taskmgr.exe
6.iexplorer.exe
7.lass.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.