Outlook not remembering password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found another interesting find....

I manage my web site through an ftp server connection through "My Network Places". Well, this is only my second time accessing this connection since my re-format, and I am being prompted for my password for that. I have never had to do this before.

Could this be a problem with XP settings?

One more thing to think about. Since this last format, this is the first time that windows has incorporated all of their "Windows Updates" into such a limited number of updates. If I remember correctly, I used to have to install things like SP1 first and then install SP2. Now they have kinda bunched everything together into only a handful of updatesÂ….

Since they are independant progams on your pc, I doubt Win XP is making you login. You can check the firewall status of Win Xp and see if it's up, but again, I don't think that is your issue.
Which ftp client do you use? I use ws_ftp and I have to login to my server everytime I access the program. I still think that Email issue can be resolved by the last post to Microsoft's knowledge base.
As far as your ftp, that shouldn't be affected by anything than a firewall, and even at that, it should only prompt to you to allow access.

No worky....I even searched for each of the files that it wanted me to change independently and couldn't find them all.

As far as the XP thing, if you step back and restructure your thinking for a minute, i seem to be getting prompted to enter passwords on programs that I never had to in the past. Specifically, two programs that access the internet, Outlook and an FTP client. Both programs have options to remember passwords and both programs are not remembering these passwords when asked to. I think is has to be something simple that we are not thinking about.

By the way, not sure what you are saying about which FTP client. It is accessing my web site host so I can make changes to my web site easily. I ran an add network place and entered in ftp://bla-bla-bla. and password. when I want to make a change, I would double click on this network place and that was it. Now it's not remembering passwords....

Well, I'm not sure what to tell you, the only option xp has for passwords via windows is in the tools>internet options which you have already looked at.
That only effects web sites though, not your email or ftp. Are you running any type of security software or something that could restrict access and force a login prompt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom