Winword.exe Application Popup Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyEyes

Beta member
I have about 12 machines that when people go to utilize the copy/paste, they blow up with the following errors in the Event Viewer. These errors are consistent with all pcs. They are different images, but all have .NET 2003, VB 6, Crystal Enterprise, Crystal Enterprise secLDAP Pluggin 9.0, Crystal Reports Developer 9, Microsoft Office 2000, Project 2000, MSDN Library, Groupwise, .NET framework 1.1 w/hotfix, Microsoft Visio for Enterprise Architects SR-1. This always occurs in word 2000. We have gone so far as to give a person a new pc, along with a new profile and normal.dot. Reloaded Office 2000 on the server and reran install--still blows up. Any help anyone can give would be appreciated. Also, is there a way to trace back the 0x300 or 0x308 to tell me where this is coming from?

Application popup: WINWORD.EXE - Application Error : The instruction at "0x300ac263" referenced memory at "0x0e34757c". The memory could not be "read".

Application popup: WINWORD.EXE - Application Error : The instruction at "0x308c33fb" referenced memory at "0x03cef9f9". The memory could not be "written".

Thanks in advance.

Download Registry Mechanic, PC Rescue 2.0, TuneUp Utilities, PCbug doctor. Run all of those, then try it again.

have you installed the service packs for office yet?
What about upgrading to Office 2002 or 2003?
I have seen several error simular to this, but i would need to sit down at one of your machines to see it. Have you tried doing a detect and repair from within word?
Have you checked to see if the Clipboard is full or if the "temp" area on the machine is full?

Good luck

have you installed the service packs for office yet? Yes they are all up to date. They all come from one Administrative install.

What about upgrading to Office 2002 or 2003? We cannot as we are a large corporation and we continue to run one version until our next large upgrade due 2007.

I have seen several error simular to this, but i would need to sit down at one of your machines to see it. Have you tried doing a detect and repair from within word? Yes...even installed from scratch and reinstalled. Nothing works.

Have you checked to see if the Clipboard is full or if the "temp" area on the machine is full? All cleaned up even on a reimaged machine with new profile, still happens for everyone logged onto that workstation.

What other appications are you using with word? do you have any plugins running? Do you have any special clipboard managers running?

Have you installed the upgrade to see if the problem was still there?
Have you run checkdisk?
Have you run Disk Defrag?
Check your PM...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom