3200 Win or venice (939)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
im getting into the the 64 and im thinking of preodering the venice 3200 but i dont know whats the big diffnce, from the 3200 winchester and the venice. So i dont know which one i should get. This is all for game and stuff so which ever one is better and plz give good detail. Because i mit preorder it tonight and stuff. So i would like to know the Better thing the venice core is offering.

The venice core is a bit better than the Winchester, with having better architecture and SSE3 instructions. The venice core will get you about 1fps (roughly) more, but it is worth getting the newer technology than getting the older. I don't know how much the venice is going to be, but the winchester would of gone down in price because it is the older one.

I would go for the venice if I was you, but it is not alot better unless you are overclocking, as I think they are meant to be able to get high overclocks on less voltage. Do a quick search.

Also be prepared to flash your bios.

i would get a winchester, the venice is the new chip so expect to pay throug the teeth for it, whereas the winchesters are gonna drop as soon as its out, so saving you money which you can spend else where.

ok well preorder is about 210 for the boxed 3200. i Have that and stuff. I want to know what better the new tech or the old tech. It seems that the wincther is going down already. I iknow this but which one will have better performence. in gaming im building a new system and stuff so that y im asking which one is better. I hear that the new Venice is going to have better things to it then the winchecter.

I'd go for the Winchester, wait for the Venice to come out so you can see benchmarks and what not.
Yea, newer technology is great, but its not really worth it, if it doesn't go all that much faster.

Venice is practically the same as the Winchester, however from results I've seen and read the Venice easily overclocks up to about 2.8GHz on near stock vcore.

The Venice also has an improved memory controller and SSE3 instructions. I'd pick the Venice.

what about a mobo for this new venice core. And how do you overclock a 64 bit quick question ive seen people show a thing on hear that looks like a set-up page to overclock or do some stuff on it. Just wondering

You can use any existing socket 939 board for the Venice core.

Overclock via the BIOS, increase the HTT to increase CPU speed, and decrease the multiplier to keep it below 2000. Remember to lock the AGP/PCI and adjust your RAM and volage accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom