Faulty CD Drive or faulty discs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeRuler99

purveyor of fine cheeses
Sometimes when I put a music cd into my laptop's DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive it fails to recognise the disc. It will spin around and make random noises for about five minutes and will not recognise the CD. I can not listen to them.

The problem does not appear to be the actual drive, as any CDs that don't work the first time will never work!

So is it my drive that is being random, or the music CDs. This has happened to about four or five CDs of mine.

I just wanted to get some opinions, because if it is my drive then I would like to get it fixed under the warranty before it expires. :D

Nope. These are commercial music CDs that you would buy at a music store. Is it a coincidence that two of them have been Christian artists?!

Clean your CD-drive. Just buy one of those CD cleaning discs. They are CD's with little bristles.

Hmmm, I like the last two solutions better I think.

I shall try cleaning the drive - I even have one of those bristle CD things! :) Would the copyright only affect certain drives, because I'm pretty sure that they work on my parents PC?

Having said that I think I will still get my laptop a checkup before the warranty dies so that HP can pay to get it fixed :D

desiboi - love the smoking sig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom