• 46-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50 or above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou dale5605,
Ok so if the 6600 GT (Which is the card I was more leaning to) is going to bottleneck my system, what would be a good start for upgrading my comp? i.e. Memory, mobo + cpu etc.

Thanks,

- Michael -

Syphanx said:
Thankyou dale5605,
Ok so if the 6600 GT (Which is the card I was more leaning to) is going to bottleneck my system, what would be a good start for upgrading my comp? i.e. Memory, mobo + cpu etc.

Thanks,

- Michael -
All three would be a good start. :p

Unfortunately it's too difficult to upgrade piece by piece. Because a new processor takes a new socket which takes new motherboard which takes new ram, etc.

Do you know if your motherboard is AGP 4x or 8x though?

6600 GT wont bottleneck any system...that wasnt what they were saying. what they were saying is that the x800 xl is more expensive, but a better card.

The only system the 6600 GT will bottleneck is one with an FX-55 and 4 gigs of OCZ RAM.

VIII said:
two 6600gts in SLI get better scores in 3dmark03 than the x850 lol... .but put that aside.. I got my computer back n running and installed the chaos theory and wow it looks so awesome, and I also installed the HDR bloom effect mod for Hl2 and again Wow! Still doesn't lag at full settings, and this is on a 6600gT

You have to remeber that in 3dmark03 SLI OWNS

dhw200 said:
6600 GT wont bottleneck any system...that wasnt what they were saying. what they were saying is that the x800 xl is more expensive, but a better card.

The only system the 6600 GT will bottleneck is one with an FX-55 and 4 gigs of OCZ RAM.
You misunderstand. I said his system might bottleneck the 6600gt, not the other way around! Look at his sig, you see what I mean.

That would be true lol

Syphanx said:
Thankyou dale5605,

Thanks,

- Michael -

Thats what i was going off of.

Well 6600 gt is probably the way to go if you really want a better vid card.

But I really suggest you save up your money and buy all new components when you can. Like a pci-express motherboard and video card, etc. :p

Ok might do that lol,
If I were to buy a KINGSTON KVR400X64C3A - 512 / 512MB PC3200 DDR stick, and put it in my current motherboard and get rid of my other pc 2700 x2 256mb memory, would it still be able to run on a new mobo? I would I have to buy new memory again?
I think I have a comp set-up but i need to finalise prices.

- Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom