How to install XP on new computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hewhohasissues

In Runtime
How do I put XP on a new computer?

I'm stuck on bios and been following a guide that I imagine to be old as it doesn't cover how to install XP.

Help?

You inssert the XP Bootable CD, and wait for a screen to appear. Then you do what they say.

Yep, you may have to download drivers, though. Unless they're with you somwehere/how.

Thanks I had prior tried but it didn't autorun and I couldn't boot it from the CD-ROM. I found out the problem was my RAM but it worked after I took out a RAM module. Needles to say I couldn't get my computer even to boot up with 2 sticks at times, I dunno what the problem is.

...*cocks brow*...

Yer...RAM...wouldn't allow you to BOOT from the CD-ROM...?

Wow. I was gonna ask that you check to make sure yer CD-ROM was the primary boot drive (and not jumpered as slave either), but whatever.

SHAWN said:
You need to change the boot order in the bios.

Yes you need to find under boot options a list of drives, and make yoru CD or DVD drive priority.

Than click format the drive using windows (simple) make sure it's a full NTSF format and not quick, click next 1 million times.

The hardest part is entering the CD KEY

I did the whole boot priority etc but it wasn't auto-running until I cleared the problem I had with ram.

The bios said to putram modules in sockets 2+4 for dual channel, but I tried that and my computer wouldn't boot. So I took out a module then it auto ran the disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom