I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxsk8er

In Runtime
hey I have several questions to ask. I recently switched to a sata hard drive, a maxtor 60g 8m cache sata, and it does not seem to be recognized by my copy of winxp pro. I am running an asus a7v8x mobo with bios ver. 1010, but am not getting any errors or incompatibilty issues with that. I made a disk for fasttrax disk from the website and the driver cd that came with it, but they also come up with errors. What do I do? And if there is a newer bios made to recognize the sata on my motherboard where do I get it or if I need to be told how to set my bios up how should I do that?

It'll run off any drive that has bootable media in it, and so far win98 SE has no issues with the sata hd, besides needing better support win98 SE is doing ok, but also it runs off an onboard scsi/ata boot controller that requires drivers to get WinXP Pro to recognize the drive is even there.

Well, I'm not sure how to set the floppy for booting XP. I don't know if the whole promise folder needs to be there but it's now driving me ape sh** and I am not sure how to setup the devilish thing on my sata.

pc_boy said:
HD's do not need drivers, you just need to mess around with BIOS settings.

Some sata drives need the driver diskette, native controller drivers wont work or work poorly.

what do I do to get this Sata hard drive to work, I have the Bios all set up for it and It needs drivers for recognition to be established, I am running an ASUS A7V8X w/ Sata RAID(not A7V8X-X) and am trying to get WinXP Pro on the damn thing. What do I need to do step by step?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom