windows me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, thats what I'm screaming...lol
But I hate ME enough to say get rid of it if you can

-Michael

I have Win ME on my kids PC and it works just fine, but that's on their PC not mine!!:p

you know how bad it is? Microsoft doesn't even support Windows ME anymore!!!
Getting XP shouldn't be a problem since you'd only be using it on the problem computer.

I love the way every 1 is telling him to ditch ME, but that is hardly a technical answer. :p

Tried running antivirus? spyware? Disk cleanup utils - defrag - disk optimizers?

I have ran everything that I can think of and it still is no help. Other than locking up when I try to use word, it is now working just fine. I feel like I am beating my head against a wall trying to get word to work. Any other programs that can take its place without costing an arm and 2 legs? This computer was given to me because of this problem and several other problems that I finally got working again. The friend that bought it new could not get Dell to help him and it was still under warrenty.

I agree with most of the consensus here - the problem is Windows ME. It has a built-in "feature" that randomly causes problems on the computer it is installed on -- ok, not really, but everyone I have talked to or heard of that uses ME says that it gives nothing but mysterious problems. You would be better off by installing a fresh copy of a new OS. I know that is not a very technical answer, but as you can see - most people are telling you the same thing! Good luck anyway.

I gave up on it. Just bought a new computer with XP. I was using XP on another computer and I do like it better than ME.

I just wanted to add that 99% of the time, Word issues can be solved by deleting NORMAL.DOT. that is a template file that is EASILY corrupted... Word will recreate this file the next time it starts.

I hate to sound stupid, but just where is this file? Would it be in the word templates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom